Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fish Tacos

I'm in San Francisco and having a grazing good time. My favorite things so far were the mahi mahi tacos yesterday at Cha Cha Cha on Haight. Lightly seasoned, excellent aoili, perfectly shredded red cabbage. After growing up on fish sticks in the mtns of WNC, fresh fish is still a delight to me.

I had shrimp tacos last week and they were pretty good but do not compare with the mahi mahi ones.

Our first night here, I...naturally....went to an Irish-style pub and had a nice ploughman's plate. And a Guinness, nicely pulled. My daughter had fish and chips--haddock, maybe?--and that fish was good, too. Though the breading was too heavy for the fish.

Alas.

On to NY tonight and a street pretzel, a bagel with a schmear and some home-cooked Italian food. And maybe a glass of wine somewhere along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment