Monday, July 27, 2009

Alas, Poor Blueberries!

They are ripe now, here in the mountains of WNC. Gorgeous fat pearls, nestled in small baskets. So gorgeous, in fact, that I acquired some yesterday.

Dreams of scones, of muffins, of buckle all danced in my silly head.

I rinsed them well and picked through the few bad ones.

Monday, I thought, I will have some leisure time. Time to make something warm, sweet, possibly crusty.

The dreams! The dreams!

Alas, I had a few at breakfast, unable to wait for my usual oatmeal. Throughout the day of writing and catching up with email, I munched. My daughter munched, too. And now there are simply not enough to do anything with.

Except, perhaps....more munching.

Still early enough to get more, but what will be their delicious fate?

1 comment:

  1. I just finished the last of the fresh ones...made a "Cape Breton Blueberry Grunt" which is ike a cobbler, found on allrecipes.com. Very good with vanilla ice cream!

    ReplyDelete