Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Why Must Everything Be Soup?

Don't get me wrong--I love soup.  I write poems about soup.  I sing praise-songs to soup.

And I seemingly can't not make soup.

I had a packet of chicken quarters taking up too much room in the freezer, so I thawed them today for supper tonight.  They went into a baking pan with orange juice and some spices and baked in a slow oven until they were crispy.

The smell is wonderful. And the chicken is very tender and flavorful. I de-boned some of it and then I couldn't throw the bones away.

I couldn't--I swear!

They went into a pot, along with the juices--the pot likker--from the baking pan.  All that simmered for a while and now it is cooling before I refrigerate it. Because tomorrow, it will be soup.  A lovely soup for the midday meal.

I can't help it.  I don't believe in sin but if I did--wasting food would be at the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment